Pages

Monday 21 January 2013

Shopaholic Ties The Knot by Sophie Kinsella



During the Christmas holidays, I read “Shopaholic Ties The Knot” by best-selling author Sophie Kinsella whilst on vacation. The book includes an amusing story portraying genres such as comedy, romance and femininity.

“Shopaholic Ties The Knot” is actually the third book in its series, and there are six sensational books in total, all of which I began reading after “Shopaholic Ties The Knot”.

At first, I obviously didn’t comprehend the background story of the book because I had not read the previous two books (Confessions Of A Shopaholic and The Secret Dream world Of A Shopaholic) because at the time I didn’t realise the book was part of a sequel. However, as I began to read on, I became familiar with the concept of the story, the settings, the plot, and of course the characters and thoroughly enjoyed reading it for a number of different reasons, especially due to the fact that the story was narrated by just one character, the main character: Becky Bloomwood. This makes the story easier to follow and understand, and prevents the reader getting mixed up by who is narrating during which chapter.

The story follows the life of Becky Bloomwood, a beautiful young city girl, who has a powerful passion for just one thing: shopping! Hence the name, “Shopaholic Ties The Knot” the storyline obviously involves the main character getting married, and I loved reading about Becky’s various shopping encounters, including shopping for her wedding cake, choosing a venue, and of course, her wedding dress. Kinsella’s story was very entertaining, and I honestly did not read through one chapter without bursting out laughing, I sincerely find it hilarious the lengths that some people go to for a pair of high heels!

Witty and comical style books aren't usually what I go for when choosing a book, as I prefer mystery themed books and action filled adventure stories however as said before I thoroughly enjoyed “Shopaholic Ties The Knot” and cannot wait for more books in the sequel to come out.



Review written by Persia-Lili Moharerr, Year 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on our blog.